Friday, August 22, 2014

Feelings Upon Finishing: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins {1}

I've decided to try something a little different from my normal reviewing style. I often read books (generally my "fun" books--books that aren't for review) that I enjoy and want to talk about, but don't wish to write a full-blown review about, for whatever reason. That's where this idea came from! Instead of a normal review, I will just share informal thoughts and feelings (which will probably include GIFs) about whatever book I've just finished. :) So, here we go, and when I'm done, share how you felt with me! :)


About the book:

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.






Last night, I finished Stephanie Perkins' Isla and the Happily Ever After. Even if you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard of it. I was behind on the bus for these books in general, but I devoured Anna and Lola a couple of years ago and have been dying for Lola ever since. I picked it up as soon as I could. Luckily, Stephanie Perkins did not disappoint. She delivers the same heartwarmingly sweet romance that she did in the first two and she left me with the happiest grin on my face and just a few tears.


Time and time again, I was reading and could just feel the smile come upon my face at some adorable moment. I read a lot of books that make me happy, but I don't think any do the trick the way these three do. The awkward moments aren't quite so awkward because they're so sweet. The heartbreaking moments aren't so heartbreaking because you know the ending you want will come, even if it takes that sadness in the middle to get there (though those moments are always paramount).

My feelings upon finishing? I'm so sad it's over, but my heart is so warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment