Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year, New Blogger

I hope that title isn't misleading--I'm not going anywhere! Anyway, it's a new year! (I bet you hadn't noticed. :D) And with the new year comes thinking about how the past year went. I know you've seen a lot of resolution posts, but I'd like to throw in my own ideas.

While 2014 was an awesome year for the blog, it was less than awesome in what I did. Most of the year was good, really. I kept up with comments and posted all of the time when I was at school. But when I graduated from college, moved home, and started working, everything went downhill. I read less, I wrote fewer posts, and I largely left the blog by the wayside. I'm barely ever on Twitter and it takes me days to get back to comments. I need that to change this year. I can't halfway do this blog and enjoy it. When I work hard and keep up, I love it, but when I don't, it feels like a chore. The obvious answer to this is keep up, right? I'm going to hold myself to allotting time each and every day to the blog, be that commenting, updating pages, writing posts, whatever.

I've also been sitting on a new post idea for the past couple of months that I'm really excited about. It's not even too original, but I'm hoping the books featured will at least be different from what other people do. I'm going to call it Baking By the Book (a name I only found an inactive blog using, but if you know someone who does something by that name, please tell me! I don't want to steal!) and semi-regularly, I'll be posting baking inspired by books. I'm not a chef, so they likely won't be big exciting inventions, but I'll be trying out recipes of foods mentioned in books or ones included in the backs of books. I'm definitely going beyond the bookish recipes I've found online, most of which are inspired by really popular series. So, if you have any suggestions, please send them my way! I've got a few ideas lined up, but I'll always be searching for more. :)

That's all I've got to share today, I think. It's hard to believe how quickly 2014 went by, but I'm so thankful for all my readers here and for everyone who comments. Even if it takes me time to get back to you (which shall be changing!), I appreciate each and every one. :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment