Sunday, December 11, 2016

Stacking the Shelves {161}


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to share the books we've bought, been gifted, or received for review!

Hellooo! How have y'all been? It's been a bit, but I'm still here. I'm super excited because I have one assignment left for this semester, and then I'm done! That means my first semester of grad school is nearly finished, if you can believe it! It's been kind of crazy at work with the Harry Potter Magical Ball on Friday (We had over 200 people in my little store--unheard of for us!) and Christmas coming, but I love retail holidays only because there are more of us working, so I get to see all of my work friends!

I'm saving for school next semester and Disney, so I'm really working not to spend money, aside from Christmas presents--and I'm not doing too badly! So, there aren't as many books as there would normally be... ANYWAY, on to the books! (I was too lazy to turn on another light, so these were really dark... And I just edited them. I'm that lazy--and that's why they don't look good!)

For review:



The Warden's Daughter by Jerry Spinelli

Purchased:


A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

Why yes, I did take advantage of the signed books at work over Black Friday weekend! I did a really good job holding myself back, to be very honest. I could have come home with a lot more.

Books I read:
Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nahesi Coates
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

I'm currently reading:
The Young Elites by Marie Lu

I'm considering making these kinds of posts a monthly thing, rather than weekly. I've never loved putting them together, though I do love looking at everyone else's, and since I'm not buying much, I won't have as much to share. I may go to doing a monthly recap, which would include whatever books I get. I dunno. Just been mulling it over.

But hey! It's kind of cold here and I'm loving it! :D

Have a lovely Sunday and a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment