Thursday, August 4, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop Numbah Fo.

Yes, I'm quite white you guys. You can tell. Anyhoo! It's Friday again! (Or close enough to being Friday to post this.) You know what that means! Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop time!

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee each week and is a joint effort between all of us bloggers to get more followers. Plus, each week a different question is asked, and I get to answer it! So here goes:



Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 
 
Me: There are a whole lot of books I could talk about for this, but y'all, I'm going to have to talk about Robin McKinley again. As I've said in a previous week's answer, Robin McKinley was the first author I loved so much I had to read everything she wrote. The first book I read of hers was her most known, The Hero and the Crown, and it won the Newbery Medal in 1985. This is the book that made me love fantasy. It was also the first book I remember reading where the ending wasn't completely perfect, and it made me realize that not all books end happily, because life doesn't always end happily. It kinda blew my mind, and I kind of hated the not so perfect ending for a while, until I realized just how perfect it really was. I have reread The Hero and the Crown several times since that first reading, and I love it more and more each time. 



Book Blogger Hop



Book Blogger Hop is a weekly par-tay for book bloggers to connect! It's hosted by Crazy for Books (follow that link to get to this week's Blogger Hop post!) and lasts Friday through Monday every week! And we get another exciting question, here goes:

Q. What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

Me: There are a ton, but I think I want Crossed by Ally Condie the most. This is odd, because I did enjoy Matched a lot, but not as much as I've enjoyed other books recently. Yet I'm just dying for Crossed. Oh well! :)

Well, that's the Following and Hopping fun for the week! I'd love to see anyone else's posts, so please link to them in the comments! Have a lovely weekend all! :)

14 comments:

  1. Hey! Old follower here :)
    I love Robin McKinley! Never read that particular book, but great choice of author ;)

    (My #FF post if you are interested: http://skyink.net/?p=2520)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...hopping through and saying Happy Friday

    Lydia @ Sensual Ride

    http://sensualride.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-memes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by Robin McKinley!! I think I definitely should. However I would agree about getting crossed for an ARC, I cannot wait to read it!

    New Follower:D

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Just dropping by via the blog hop. Crossed looks great, I will have to check that out!

    Check out my FF @ http://australianbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/book-blogger-hop-4-and-feature-follow-friday-2-2/

    I’m hosting a Mega Aussie Author GIVEAWAY which is international so please stop by and check it out!
    Jayne
    The Australian Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting choice. New follower. I haven't read Matched yet, but I will soon. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New FOLLOW FRIDAY follower

    Nice Choice :)

    Check out my FF @http://le-grande-codex.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-2.html too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Matched. I suppose I have some time before Crossed comes out.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting, have to look into Crossed.Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I'm a new follower!

    I love your blog title!

    I have read two books by Robin McKinley, Sunshine and Beauty.

    And I haven't read the Matched series yet but I really want to!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Loved "Matched" and can't wait to read "Crossed" when it comes out!

    New follower! If you can, please check out my Friday memes at: Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I want to read Crossed too! I also want to read more McKinley. I've only read Sunshine.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Rachel, new follower hopping by!

    OK, I haven't read Matched yet, even though it's been on my TBR pile forEVER now-- I seriously need to get on that! I hope you enjoy Crossed when it comes out-- love those covers! :)

    Feel free to stop by and visit me sometime...

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to get my hands on Crossed too!! I can't STAND waiting for books to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought Matched! I can't wait to get started so I am ready for Crossed.! Friday Post!

    ReplyDelete