Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta {6}

It's Tuesday! And we all know what that means!!! TEASER TUESDAY! EGADS! Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading, and it is quite simple.

All you have to do is this:

  1. Pick up whatever book you are currently reading.
  2. Open it up to a random page.
  3. Pick two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page. (Be careful not to spoil anything!)
  4. Share those sentences! Be sure to include the book title, author, etc. so your readers can add it to their to be read pile if they're intrigued!
Easy peasy, right?
So after much asking from a friend, I am reading Melina Marchetta's Jellicoe Road. Anyone and everyone has told me how good it is, so I'm doing it, though I'm not super far, so I haven't formed much of an opinion yet.
From page 203:

"'You want to sell out over a coffee?' Griggs asks him with disgust. 'They've got muffins as well,' I tell them. 'Double chocolate chip. His mum made them.' Griggs gets up and holds a hand out to me. 'Truce.'"

Heh. I found that to be amusing. There is a chance I would sell out over some tasty muffins... Depending on what I'm selling out. :) :)

As always, thanks for checking out my teaser, and I'd love to see yours! Please leave a link here if you'd like me to check it out. I'd love for you to follow my blog, or follow me on Twitter, or be my friend on Goodreads, so we can chat! (I really love to chat, especially about books.)

6 comments:

  1. I could see selling out for coffee. ;)
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-how-to-love-an-american-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I would sell out for coffee, but add a muffin and I am there. LOL! Nice teaser.

    Here's my TT

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would sell out for anything labled double chocolate chip - but I'm easy. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... now I REALLY want a cookie!! :)

    Here's mine: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll sell out for Jonah Griggs. Mmmm... ;)

    I love this book! Really hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! One of my all time fav books - love it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete