Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey!

I saw this floating around a few posts over the weekend and thought it was absolutely adorable! The A to Z Bookish Survey was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner. I just had to participate! :) I'm not generally one to do this kind of thing, but how could I help myself?


Author you’ve read the most books from:
According to Goodreads, Meg Cabot, followed by Lemony Snicket. (I was quite the dedicated reader when I was younger! I've not read a book by either of them in at least 8 years.)

Best Sequel Ever:
Oh my... There are so many I've loved... Crown of Midnight, Prodigy, Siege and Storm, The Crown of Embers... But I think I'm going to have to pick Froi of the Exiles. Yep!

Currently Reading:

Drink of Choice While Reading:
I am all about tea. My favorites are Earl Grey and chai. Yummm.

E-reader or Physical Book?
In general, I like physical books better. But, sometimes it's just so convenient to have a library at your fingertips, and I love getting egalleys.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Mmm. I'm totally in love with Gansey from The Raven Boys right now, and probably would have been in high school. He's dedicated and driven, but he's supremely loyal to his friends. (Also, Hector from The Crown of Embers and The Bitter Kingdom--all three books, though--because who doesn't like a guy who could--and would--protect you from anything, really? Plus he's so sweet it's almost painful.)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren

Hidden Gem Book:
Bonded by Michelle Davidson Argyle

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
There are lots, but what brought me to this point in my reading life was joining Goodreads. Through Goodreads I found tons of other people as passionate about books and reading as I was, and in turn I found the blogging world!

Just Finished:
The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I've never been big on mysteries, though I can read books that are heavy on mystery as long as they incorporate other things I like--and obviously I like a book with some mystery. And probably erotica... Yup.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (1,037 pages) Fun fact: I read this in sixth grade. It's been a long time, and I've not beaten myself... Ego busted.

Major book hangover because of:
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta

Number of Bookcases You Own:
3, I guess? I have one large, large one with books doubled up that houses all of my YA, adult, and middle grade books. Then I have a small shelf (2 shelves) with all of my classics and random books from my childhood, and then I have another book case I keep at school, which I fill with books to be read while I'm at school.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I actually just reread this (for about the fortieth time) and it was just as good as I remember. :)

Preferred Place To Read:
Ohhhh, my bed. Always. I get snuggled up with a cup of tea and some movie soundtracks playing quietly and go on an adventure! :)

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"HAPPINESS [is] ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED" - Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
After spending months alone in the wilds of Alaska, Christopher McCandless wrote this in the margins of his copy of Doctor Zhivago. I remember coming to this in Krakauer's book on McCandless' last year and stopping. It was something I'd never thought about but have always carried with me since.

Reading Regret:
I could mention a few books I wish I'd never wasted my time on, but I more regret not reading as much from tenth grade (or so) to my freshman year of college. I can't even imagine the number of books I would've gotten read!

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
There are lots, but I'd say Beth Revis' Across the Universe books... And Cynthia Hand's Unearthly books. I've got copies of all that I haven't read and yet... Nada.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Robin McKinley. Y'all I don't even know how to express my love for this woman and her books. I've mention her countless times here on the blog and, of the 15 books I count as my favorites, 3 are hers. Nobody else has more than one. I've been reading her books since I was in elementary school and will continue to do so until I die.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo. It's so far away, but come onnnnnnnnnn. I NEED THIS.

Worst Bookish Habit:
There are too many I could list... I mean, I don't consider my craziness about keeping books in perfect condition a bad habit, but it sure drives others mad. Personally, I think my worst habit is accumulating books. If I liked the book and can fathom rereading it at any point the future, even if that future is fifty years from now, I will keep it. I buy more than I can ever read, but never quit doing so, and can't seem to get rid of them. They're my babies!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Shadows Cast by Stars by Catherine Knutsson

Your latest book purchase:
I just bought a copy of The Girl in the Steel Corset earlier today! It won't be here for a few days, but I got a great deal on it. :)

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. It was an audio book, too, so I was sitting on my bed, just staring at a wall, listening. I was obsessed with this book while I read it.

Well, there you go! I thought that was fun. :) If you're doing the survey too, please leave me a link! I'd love to check out your answers. Or, if you're not participating, just tell me one or two answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment