Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves {4}


Stacking the Shevles is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to share the books we've bought, been gifted, or received for review!

Just a couple of things this week. I really want to go crazy requesting on Netgalley and Edelweiss, but I'm trying to control myself, since I have so much to read already. I think I'm doing a decent job, too! :)

For review:


Disney U: How Disney University Develops the World's Most Engaged, Loyal, and Consumer-Centric Employees by Doug Lipp, to be published March 29, 2013 by McGraw-Hill

Towering by Alex Flinn, to be published May 14, 2013 by HarperTeen

Disney U is definitely not my normal, for fun, kind of reading. BUT as a former cast member and crazy Disney fanatic, I'm very interested to see just what this book has to say. I know a lot of people I worked with who might disagree with the book's title statement, but in my experience it was completely true. I adore Disney and I would love to work for them again. As for Towering, I've read all of Alex Flinn's other fairy tale adaptations and enjoyed each, so I'm looking forward to see how she takes on Rapunzel!

A recap of the week here on Paper Cuts:
Monday - I reviewed Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi.
Tuesday - I teased The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke.
Wednesday - I reviewed Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson.
Friday - I talked in depth about villains and their role in YA.

Books I read this week:
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse

I'm Currently Reading:
The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke

So that's everything for the week, I think! (Hehehe, that rhymed.) Please remember the giveaways for Cinder and Scarlet swag (INT)and the ARC of Mila 2.0 (US)! Both end this week, so enter while you can! Please leave me links to your STS posts or equivalent and I'll check them out! Have a happy Sunday and a great last week of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment