Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly {67}


Title: Deep Blue
Author: Jennifer Donnelly
Release date: May 6, 2014
Pages: 320
The first in a series of four epic tales set in the depths of the ocean, where six mermaids seek to protect and save their hidden world.

Deep in the ocean, in a world not so different from our own, live the merpeople. Their communities are spread throughout the oceans, seas, and freshwaters all over the globe.

When Serafina, a mermaid of the Mediterranean Sea, awakens on the morning of her betrothal, her biggest worry should be winning the love of handsome Prince Mahdi. And yet Sera finds herself haunted by strange dreams that foretell the return of an ancient evil. Her dark premonitions are confirmed when an assassin's arrow poisons Sera's mother. Now, Serafina must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the Mer nations. Led only by her shadowy dreams, Sera searches for five other mermaid heroines who are scattered across the six seas. Together, they will form an unbreakable bond of sisterhood and uncover a conspiracy that threatens their world's very existence.

My teaser, from 23% in the egalley:
"Wait, Sera," Mahdi said, looking desperate. "I'm sorry. You're hurt, I know you are--"

"Oh no, I'm perfectly fine, your grace," Seraphina said, blinking back tears.

Mahdi shook his head. "Your grace? Whoa, Sera, it's
me."

"I would be hurt, if I cared."
I'm super excited to read this one, since I've yet to find a mermaid series I really love. Maybe this'll be it! :D

I'll be visiting around and visiting back, so leave me links to your teasers! :) Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment