Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Sekret by Lindsay Smith {65}


Title: Sekret
Author: Lindsay Smith
Release date: April 1, 2014
Pages: 337
An empty mind is a safe mind.

Yulia's father always taught her to hide her thoughts and control her emotions to survive the harsh realities of Soviet Russia. But when she's captured by the KGB and forced to work as a psychic spy with a mission to undermine the U.S. space program, she's thrust into a world of suspicion, deceit, and horrifying power. Yulia quickly realizes she can trust no one--not her KGB superiors or the other operatives vying for her attention--and must rely on her own wits and skills to survive in this world where no SEKRET can stay hidden for long.



My teaser, from 41% in the egalley:
My breath wheezes with tight lungs. The doors open and close on empty floors, each one another wild goose chase for my pursuers. Finally I reach the fifth floor. Only a few more steps until freedom, until I can get the answers I need. The possibilities I've worked so hard for. Nervous energy crackles along my skin as I unlock Apartment 512.
I'd actually forgotten what this is about until I picked it up to read next and read the synopsis again--and it sounds awesome! I've been studying Tolstoy this semester, so I'm really into anything Russian right now. :)

I'll be visiting around and visiting back, so leave me links to your teasers! :) Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment