Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (2)


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to share the books we've bought, been gifted, or received for review! I didn't get a lot this week, but it makes up for that with its AWESOMENESS.

I got a couple more ebooks for review, a beautiful package (!!!), and a few things at the Marissa Meyer signing (Recap tomorrow!!)



For review:


A Touch of Scarlet by Eve Marie Mont, to be released March 26 by K-Teen
I read A Breath of Eyre and generally enjoyed it, though I can't love anything messing with Jane Eyre. I'm thinking I'm going to love the sequel, though, because it's based on The Scarlet Letter! This is not a work I've read and adored for years, so I can handle it. :)

Moonset by Scott Tracey, to be released April 8 by Flux
A male witch! Love. I'm taking part in a book blast for this, so I was pumped to be approved on Netgalley to read it ahead of time! I've not read Witch Eyes, so I'm excited to finally be reading Scott Tracey.

Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta, to be released April 9 by Candlewick Press
I thought I was supposed to be getting this beautiful girl back in November, so when it never came I just gave up on it. Needless to say I squealed when I saw who the package was from! I'm just absolutely in love with it. 


Purchased:

Cinder (paperback) by Marissa Meyer
I'm a sucker and bought the paperback because of the blogger feature in the back. :) I got Marissa to sign that page instead of in the front and it's my special book that no one shall touch. Hehehe.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Of course! I bought it Tuesday after class and got as much read as I could before the signing, which wasn't actually much. But what I've read is amazing! And it's so pretty and smooth and matches Cinder perfectly.

A Recap:
Monday - I posted about the books releasing during the week: A Whole New Batch
Tuesday - I teased Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson: Teaser Tuesday
Wednesday - I reviewed Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: Review
Thursday - I reviewed Pantomime by Laura Lam: Review
Friday - I featured a few fun book-inspired foods: Bookish Baking

So it's been an AMAZING WEEK!! I did pretty well with my resolution to post quite a lot more often. I didn't get to every day since I didn't have internet access Friday and got home late Saturday, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I've got more fun things coming up next week, so be sure to visit again! I must extend a huge huge thanks to K-Teen, Flux Books, and to Candlewick Press! I'd also love to see what y'all got this week, so leave me links and I'll definitely stop by to ogle. :) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment