Saturday, April 20, 2013

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Hello all!

I was planning on posting a review today, but have not been getting much reading done, so I've caught up to myself on reviews. But, I thought I'd post to give a little update.


Today is my 21st birthday!!! I'm spending the day celebrating with my family and will be going out tonight. :) My birthday is pretty much the highlight of my year, so I've been waiting for this day for quite a while. If you've seen my "About Me" page you may have some idea of what else happens on April 20th. It's a packed day. April 20th is:

  • Adolf Hitler's birthday
  • National Weed Day
  • the day the Curies isolated radium in 1902
  • anniversary of Columbine School shootings
  • anniversary of Deepwater Horizon oil spill
Lots of interesting and, honestly, tragic things. And, you know, with the bombings at the Boston Marathon earlier this week I've been in a thoughtful kind of mood. I know I'm guilty of forgetting about the past, and I think we all are. Even as I'm celebrating my birthday, I try to keep in mind that not so long ago people's lives were ruined on that day. So I'll be doing much of the same today, not only remembering the families of the students at Columbine, but remembering and praying for those affected by the bombings on Monday. I'm so glad they've caught the men who did it, but I'm also saddened by them. Both seemed to have been intelligent, but so filled with hate. It breaks my heart to see people so young and full of promise with ruined lives.

I didn't mean to make this post so serious, but I can't help but think about it. Anyways, I'm going to be very disconnected over the rest of today and much of tomorrow. I'll have my Stacking the Shelves up like normal,  but won't get around to commenting and returning visits until late in the day or night.

Thank you guys for reading for almost two years now (in May!). I hope y'all have a lovely weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment