Thursday, December 26, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Best Book Boyfriends of 2013


I am super excited to be taking part in Top 10 of 2013, hosted by Rachel at FiktshunJamie at Two Chicks on Books, and Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, this year! I did Top 10 of 2011 a couple of years ago, but kind of failed to post the last couple of days, even though it was such fun. I will not fail this time, though! :)

Today we're posting best book boyfriends! Now, I don't normally use the term "book boyfriend", but I suppose I can change it up, just for today. :) This was not a hard list in the least, y'all. I knew my numbers one through five immediately, and the others came quickly. Full disclosure: I stole the idea of using quotes from Jamie at Two Chicks on Books. :) They vary in length and are some of my favorite quotes from the books. I just loved the idea, so I modified my post! Anyways, here they are:

10. Mal, Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2)



He tapped the sun over his heart. "I came here for you. You're my flag. You're my nation.” 


9. Day, Prodigy (Legend #2) and Champion (Legend #3)



“The first time I saw you, when you stepped into that Skiz ring against Kaede, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I could've watched you forever. The first time I kiss you..." 

That memory overpowers me now, taking me by surprise. I remember every last detail of it, almost enough to push away the lingering images of the Elector pulling June to him. 

"Well, that might as well have been my first kiss ever.” 


8. Hale, Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3)



“Will you still want me if I'm poor, Kat?"

"What kind of question is that?"


"No. Seriously. You're the planner. Simon's the genius. The Bagshaws are the muscle. And Gabrielle is . . . Gabrielle. But what am I, Kat? I'm the guy who writes the checks."


"No. You're the most naturally gifted inside man I have ever seen. And I was raised by Bobby Bishop." She made him look into her eyes. "I don't care about your money.”



7. Perry, Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)



It didn't matter if Aria was hundreds of miles away, or whether she'd hurt him, or said goodbye, or anything else. Nothing would change the way he felt. The moment Aria had taken his hand on the roof at Marron's, she'd changed everything. No matter what happened, she'd always be the one.


6. Justen Helo, Across a Star-Swept Sea



Justen had never seen anything so beautiful.

"Persis!" He reached out and grabbed her, pulling her to safety. She collapsed into his arms, and he thought he'd never felt anything so wonderful either. She was here. She was Persis. How was it possible?


5. Tarver, These Broken Stars



I can't stand it anymore, and before I even realize what I'm doing, I'm leaning down to kiss her. A jolt goes through me as our lips meet, and she drops the flashlight with a clatter. She hesitates for a moment, then pulls a way from me. I want to lean after her, but I hold myself still, heart hammering.


4. Levi, Fangirl



"Cath, it's okay. Nobody can hear you... Wait, is this really a shower scene? Like, a shower scene?"

"No," Cath said. "Geez."

Levi moved his arms around her waist until he was holding her properly. Then he pushed his mouth into her hair. "Read to me, sweetheart."


3. Chaol, Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)



And then she said, so quietly it was hardly more than a murmur, "I can't tell if I should be ashamed of wanting to hold you on this day, or grateful that, despite what happened before now, it somehow brought me to you."

He was so startled by her words that he let go, let go and stepped back. He had his obstacles to overcome, but so did she--perhaps more obstacles than he'd realized.


2. Gansey, The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)



Gansey lifted her hand gently from his skin, holding it as formally as a dance. He put it against his mouth.

Blue froze. Absolutely still. Her heart didn't beat. She didn't blink. She couldn't say don't kiss me. She could even form don't.

He just leaned his cheek and the edge of his mouth against her knuckles and then set her hand back in his lap.

"I know," he said. "I wouldn't."


1. Hector, The Bitter Kingdom (Girl of Fire and Thorns #3)


His voice drops low. "If this doesn't work, I'll come find you. We'll go away together, like--"

I wrap my arms around his neck and press my body against his, kissing him as thoroughly as I ever have. He crushes me to him, kissing back with a desperate finality.

Hector's men cheer softly all around us, and we separate, both of us wearing shamefaced grins. "That was for just in case," I say.

"Promise me you'll live," he insist. "Because when this is all over, we must discuss how you sometimes kiss me to shut me up and how I'll no longer stand for it."


So what do you think of my picks? And who are your favorite book boyfriends of this year? :) I'm now off to reread the best parts of those books, because I can't help myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment