Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Best Book Covers of 2013


I am super excited to be taking part in Top 10 of 2013, hosted by Rachel at FiktshunJamie at Two Chicks on Books, and Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, this year! I did Top 10 of 2011 a couple of years ago, but kind of failed to post the last couple of days, even though it was such fun. I will not fail this time, though! :)

Today we're posting our favorite book covers of 2013! I've decided not to rank these, because it'd just be too hard! I am not up to the challenge today. :) Clearly, some of my favorites are pretty and romantic, but I also seem to like covers that highlight differences between books in series. :) So, in no particular order, here are my favorite covers of 2013!


Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
I just came upon this one tonight as I was looking at covers and immediately fell in love with the cover. Something about silhouettes is just so pretty to me! It's a Rapunzel retelling, and I'm a sucker for romantic covers on retellings.


The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist
I had never heard of this book when I saw it in Barnes & Noble one day and became obsessed with the cover. I haven't read it yet, but I will be soon. It's even prettier in person! 


Roses by G.R. Mannering
Like I said, I love retellings with romantic covers, which is exactly what Roses is! This is another that's prettier in person, and the design inside just adds to it. Love.


One by Leigh Ann Kopans
This is another I haven't read, but isn't that cover just striking? I didn't even need to know what it was about to know that I wanted to read it. The cover for its sequel, Two, is just as awesome.


The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle
So, I kind of hated this book but that couldn't change how much I adore the cover. The colors and the font just look so darn good together. The cover promises a lovely and romantic story, which the book didn't deliver for me. I can still look at the pretty though.


A Wounded Name by Dot Hutchinson
The cover for this retelling of Hamlet is just gorgeous and so atmospheric. Even as it's pretty and soft, I can't help but feel that there's something almost creepy to it, which is so effective.


Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
Ohhhh the colors. Space clearly makes for a great cover (see my next pick!)


These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Eh? Space! I'm kind of thinking this one's going to be on a lot of my lists this week... But SPACE and that DRESS and they're reaching for one another! AH!


Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu
I just love the juxtaposition of the flower with the utilitarian fonts, as well as against the designs of the first two books. I've been too afraid to read this series conclusion, but I have hope that the flower foretells a hopeful ending. Don't tell me if I'm wrong!


The Lives We Lost (Fallen World #2) by Megan Crewe
I love how the design of this sequel mirrors that of the first book yet it also stands alone well. They're similar but different, even though the largest difference is simply the colors. The first book's use of yellow and black promises an emergency and government lines, but the blues here seem to promise more freedom. 

So what do you think of my picks? :) What are some of your favorite covers of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment