Friday, December 27, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2014


I am super excited to be taking part in Top 10 of 2013, hosted by Rachel at FiktshunJamie at Two Chicks on Books, and Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, this year! I did Top 10 of 2011 a couple of years ago, but kind of failed to post the last couple of days, even though it was such fun. I will not fail this time, though! :)

Today we're posting the top 10 books we're looking forward to in 2014! In some ways, this list is difficult because I'm not as aware of everything coming out as I'd like to be, but I'm also about to die waiting for some of these. There are quite a few books releasing early next year that I already have copies of, so I won't be including those. But I'd pretty much die to have a copy of any of these. :)


10. Savage Drift (Monument 14 #3) by Emmy Laybourne
There's just something about this series that I love. It certainly doesn't hurt that I think Emmy is so nice. :) But I'm more than excited to see how her captivating series ends.


9. The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
I think I've only read one, maybe two, of Melissa de la Cruz's books, but none have appealed to me the way this one does. Magic! Court intrigue! A switching of places! What more can a girl ask for?


8. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
I've only read the prequel novella for this book, but I'm absolutely convinced I'm going to adore it. I'm so intrigued by the world and by the assassin's guild and their mysterious leader. This is just my kind of book.


7. Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
I love love love this series, so it's a given that I'm going to be dying for the third book--especially after everyone who has read it already says it's amazing! I am so ready to see Captain Thorne in love, not to mention more of Cinder, Scarlet, Kai, and Wolf. :)

6. Untitled (The Goldscryer Saga #1) by Rae Carson
"By Rae Carson". SOLD. I might cry if this gets pushed back for some reason. (No cover art yet, obviously.)

5. Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
I've got nothing but gushing praise for this series so, again, obviously I am dying for the third book. That ending for Siege and Storm was just perfect and I'm desperate to know what comes next, especially with a title like Ruin and Rising! (No cover art yet.)


4. The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass
I know I shouldn't love this series like I do, but by George, I can't help it! I sit and stare at the covers for ridiculous amounts of time and I find myself brooding about how this series should end. Tell me I'm silly, but I just don't care anymore. I do care about how this ends, though, and if she's not with Maxon I might throw something. (Please don't judge me.)

3. This Shattered World (Starbound #2) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Yep, another mention of these books! This is a companion novel to These Broken Stars, set in the same world but focusing on another couple. If the authors can make me love two people as much as I loved Lilac and Tarver again, this series will officially be a favorite. (It already is, unofficially.) (No cover art yet.)


2. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
I'm a little obsessed with this book, I think. On one hand, that scares me that it won't live up to the standards I've set up in my head, but on the other, just think if it lives up to them! I've seen rave reviews coming in since May so I hope it's the latter. :) Seriously, if someone wanted to loan me a copy I'd worship at their feet, my obsession is that bad.

1. Untitled (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Is it really a surprise that the third book in this series would be my most anticipated book of 2014? It certainly isn't to me! Between how all-around amazing The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves were and how mind-blowing the ending of The Dream Thieves was, it's obvious I needed this book months ago. And yet, I have to wait who knows how long to get it! (No cover art yet.)

So, are any of these some of your most anticipated books of next year? If not, what are? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment