Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Best ______ of 2013 (My Choice! Woo!)


First of all, to all who celebrate it, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you're all having a lovely day of family, food, and fun. :) And if you don't celebrate Christmas, happy Wednesday! I hope your day is lovely as well!

I am super excited to be taking part in Top 10 of 2013, hosted by Rachel at FiktshunJamie at Two Chicks on Books, and Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, this year! I did Top 10 of 2011 a couple of years ago, but kind of failed to post the last couple of days, even though it was such fun. I will not fail this time, though! :)

So, I definitely didn't read the prompt for today's topic very closely. I just decided it was supposed to be our choice of whatever and so I did my own thing. Oops! Hopefully you can forgive me because it's Christmas! Before I realized my folly, I chose to list my top 10 new-to-me authors of 2013! Had I not done this ENTIRE post before realizing, I would've fixed it, but I'm too lazy for that, so I'm going to go on like I did absolutely nothing wrong! These will all be authors that I discovered this year (first read a book--since I was quite aware of some of these before I ever picked up a book of theirs--or heard of altogether) and who have made a great impression. I'll also list the book that introduced them to me.  :) Authors deserve love too!

Tiffany Truitt (Chosen Ones)



Megan Shepherd (The Madman's Daughter)



Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park)



Laura Lam (Pantomime)



Mindee Arnett (The Nightmare Affair)



Colleen Hoover (Slammed)



John Green (The Fault in Our Stars)



Jane Nickerson (Strands of Bronze and Gold)



Cat Winters (In the Shadow of Blackbirds)



Livia Blackburne (Poison Dance)



So that's them! I loved books by each this year, and I can't wait to read more from them! :) Who were some of your favorite new (or new to you) authors this year?

1 comment:

  1. Great topic.I think I did this post once for Top Ten Tuesday.
    I love Colleen Hoover and John Green.Slammed and The Fault in Our Stars are two of my favourites this year.

    Mishma As the page turns

    ReplyDelete